Architect CPD Webinar
Looking to gain CPD points? iAcoustics are offering free online webinars in the “dark art” of acoustics. There are two webinars available.
- Basic Building Acoustics
- Sound Insulation in Residential Buildings (BCAR Part E)
RIAI has accredited our CPD course, so you can be ensured of a high standard of educational content.
Presentations are made by our acousticians Glen Plunkett M.Sc and Eoghan Tyrell MPhil M.Sc.
Basic Building Acoustics
This CPD provides an overview of Acoustics for the built Environment. We will discuss the three core principles of acoustic design: Sound insulation, Sound Absorption & Sound Control, and how we apply these principles to achieve good acoustics in buildings. This CPD is suitable for Architects who work on projects where acoustics is important.
More specifically, you will learn about:
- Sound insulation criteria & performance of separating elements such as walls and floors.
- Flanking sound and common construction pitfalls.
- Sound absorption and acoustic treatment.
- Common reverberation time requirements for internal spaces.
- Frequent sources of complaint by building occupants.
- Background/ambient noise levels internally.
- M&E noise control.
- How acousticians interact with the design team to fully realise an acoustic design goal.
BOOK A SLOT BELOW
Sound Insulation in Residential Buildings
This CPD course for architects gives an overview of the BCAR regulations 2014 Part E – Sound Insulation in residential dwellings including standards, Ancillary Certification, Design, Inspection and Testing.
The presentation discusses some of the most commonly occurring issues and key complaints from householders, including inside and outside noise and how these are treated (or not) in the regulations.
Discussed also are partition types, noise sources, best design and build practices all in relation to sound insulation of room partitions and building facades
BOOK A SLOT BELOW
Want to get in touch?
Speak to a qualified acoustician right away